Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hurt and Anger

I'm probably gong to regret posting this later but for right now I'm full of hurt and I need to get some things on my chest. I am just sitting here thinking to myself how happy I am that my family and I can participate in al-anon meetings. Right now I feel totally defeated and broken down. I didn't think things could get any worse and they have. I don't understand it and I'm extremely angry right now. I hate what addiction turns people into. I just need to keep focusing on my boys and try to get through this day by day (today minute by minute). This week I am actually looking forward to my 90 minute cry fest on tuesday nights. I just need to keep telling myself this great al-anon saying

Let go and let God

The serenity prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

My goals are to forgive the people that hurt me and let them go, as hard as that will be I need to find the strength to do it.


2 comments:

Lance and Mandi said...

Oh Mandy, I am so sorry for the hard stuff you have had to face. Just keep on keepin' on! You are such a good mom to those super cute boys.

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
What you are going through seems so unfair. I am sorry for the pain you are having to endure. You are a terrific mom, daughter, wife, and sister. Love you lots.
Hugs!
Sandy