Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I have been attempting to go on a dairy and gluten free diet for the last week or so, I'm thinking I can't do it. I have gained weight and I have way less energy. I have two small little boys, I need the energy to get me through the day. So anyways, I'm going back to my diet of wheat pasta and low-fat healthy foods. Maybe if my RA gets worse I will have to change my diet but for right now I will not be following my Doctors orders. It's just too expensive and I miss good tasting food. I kinda took a break from loosing weight for a little bit but I am jumping back on the wagon today. I need to take advantage of our wonderful gym right by my house. I am wanting to lose 20 more pounds. Every ten pounds I lose I will blog about (it helps me lose weight if I can blog). Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think dairy free is easier than wheat free. I don't blame you for wanting to change. It's not like you can't start it later if you want to.

Unknown said...

I wasn't going to say anything, but I had never heard of that diet from any of my rheumatologists before (and I have one of the best ones in the northwest). If you had a specific allergy that was triggering your immune system then that would make sense. I think you would be fine just eating healthy and lots of exercise. Just my opinion, not worth very much :o). Plus you need to enjoy life. You might want to check into seeing a rheumatologist while you have good insurance just to get some feedback.

Do take care of yourself though. We miss you guys!