Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thinking..

I am a little stressed out right now. This is what I am constantly thinking...



This one is a biggie, when are we moving? They said 30-90 days but nobody will give any answers! I guess the navy is famous for that. I like to think the official motto of the navy is "hurry up and wait".



What G.I. bill should we use? chapter 30 (Montgomery) or chapter 33 (post 9\11)?
That's one of my problems with all the paperwork of the navy, everything has numbers and its extremely confusing to me! Yesterday I called the Green River Veterans office and they told me to apply for the g.i. bill now because it takes 10-12 weeks to just apply for it. Joe did that last night and he also applied to be a student at Green River. I'm glad we at least got two of the million steps done of this whole moving process. Our plan is to have Joe start this fall semester and he will be doing the Air Traffic Control (associate in applied science) program. Usually to be hired as an ATC you have to have a four-year degree but we are lucky and Green River has a two-year program and he will be able to get hired hopefully soon after.We are also lucky because there are only two schools for this program and the other one is on the east coast and the closest one is in Auburn! We just so happen to be moving to Auburn! We have some good friends that are also ATC and hopefully they will help us along this process.



I need to start packing up my house. I am having a hard time writing this post because a baby and a little boy keep yelling at me and jumping on me. I think getting boxes out (play toys in their eyes) and packing them would be hard. I wish I could just hire a bunch of people to come pack up everything but that might be pretty pricey and we need all the money we can get right now.



My house needs to be deep-cleaned. The company that owns the military housing we live in is known to find every single little flaw with the houses and makes you pay. Like if you have a tiny stain on the carpet they make you replace the carpet, or if your garage is dirty they make you pay for it to be pressure washed, there are lots of stories and it scares me. We already have a lot to pay for, like the moving truck and storage units, we can't afford to pay 900 dollars to replace the carpets. I hired my sister for a day a couple weeks ago to come help me clean and I am thinking I might do that again, I feel like every time I clean something it gets dirty 20 minutes later by my two little mess makers.



I need to make a bridal shower cake in the shape of a pink dress. I hope I don't mess it up. I think that this will be fun, we will see how it turns out.



I need to lose weight, but this is always on my mind. I wish it wasn't but it is.



Connor turns one in exactly one month. I'm excited for his little party but I get sad that he is growing up so fast. I want him to just stay my little baby for a little bit longer.



Overall I am excited to get out of the navy and move on with our lives.
I just need to relax and take it one day at a time!

No comments: