Friday, May 7, 2010

I will miss you chocolate!


The last week has been a crazy one for me. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes! It has been sooo hard to cut out sweets but it's a great diet to lose weight and feel healthy. I have to prick my finger 4 times a day to get my blood sugar levels. I meet with a diabetes educator and a nutritionist on Monday, so for right now I really don't know what I can and can't eat. I almost went to the hospital yesterday for being dizzy and light headed. Joe just dropped me off at a friends house so I wouldn't be alone. After a couple hours I was feeling better. Getting gestational diabetes wasn't part of my plan during this pregnancy! Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy is normal! It's crazy to think that my due date is NEXT MONTH!


On a sweeter note, Samantha and I got free pedicures today from a local nail salon! Our military housing office paid for all of it! 65 moms were able to get them. Sam and I called just in time to get them! They were great, it was so relaxing! We even got cute pink flowers to take home. Let Mothers Day weekend begin! hehe

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Pedis are the best and you can't beat free pedis!! I hope that the next month goes by fast as you have to get adjusted to the new diet. You will do great with it.